Annual Exams - Are They Beneficial for You or Harmful?
Whether annual exams are really necessary or not is a long debate both among doctors and individuals. However, when the question is about whether or not these health check-ups benefit you, the answer is much easier. Annual health check-ups provide more benefits than harm, if at all. At our Boston family planning clinic, you can make an appointment for all of your annual exams.
The Benefits of Annual Exams
There are many, many benefits you will enjoy from this habit. Some of the top advantages are:
- Keep both doctor and patient up-to-date on all health aspects - Your doctor and you would review your family health history along with the results of all the annual tests and thereby be able to analyze the effect of your lifestyle on your health.
- Update about the requirement for vaccination, if any – every year there are new diseases, and every year there are new cures. Vaccinations are excellent for preventing the spread and development of such diseases. Yearly check-ups will keep you up-to-date with the vaccinations requirements.
- Prevent serious health conditions and even death – serious health conditions such as cervical cancer, prostate cancer, AIDS, breast cancer can be prevented if caught at the earliest. When the checkups are done on yearly basis, it is much easier to catch these conditions right at the beginning, when the chances for treatment and complete are the highest.
- Prevent heart attack and other related problems – today, more than any type of disease, it is stress that kills people today. No matter how healthy you eat or how long you exercise, if you do not learn to de-stress yourself and keep yourself calm you will face high risk of heart attack and other health related problems.
- Provide insight and counseling on how best to lead a healthy and long life – these annual exams will clearly show you what habits, what foods, what type of physical workouts, etc. are beneficial for your body and what are not. According to these findings and further to the consultation you would have with your doctor, you would be able to chart for the year ahead a number of healthy habits, healthy ways of eating and thereby ensure that you all stay happy.
- Provides you with an alternative path – many times, you would find that there is “nothing more to be done” because modern medicine fails to work. In such cases, instead of embracing despair, you should use your energy to find an alternative path for treatment to and to live a long and healthy life.
Give our family planning clinic in Boston a call today to schedule an annual exam.